Two Week Classroom/On-the-Job Class for Carpet & LVP
May 6 - May 17
This initial 2-week course is designed to fast track an individual from being a burden slowing down installer production to being a great assistant to any installation team.
Students will learn to properly identify and properly use tools for Carpet, wood and LVP installation.
They will perform hands-on installation techniques for carpet installation such as;
- Proper placement and Installation of Tack strip
- Proper lay-out and installation of Cushion
- How to properly cut, carry and layout material
- Proper seam sealing techniques
- Introduction on the use of the seaming iron and Koolglide Seam System
- How to properly use a power stretcher
They will perform Hands-on basics on the installation of LVP and other plank type products such as:
- Job site Conditions
- Floor Flatness
- Prepping a floor
- Balancing the installation
- The proper use of Trammel points
- Differences of various locking systems and why knowing what system you’re working with is so important.
- Proper cutting techniques and various tools available
- Proper ripping techniques, methods, and tools
On Wood Flooring:
- Basics of the types of wood flooring
- Floating Installations
- Glue direct
- Nail Down
- Cutting techniques and tools
- Introduction to NWFA
All tools needed will be supplied by the school.
It is advised to wear comfortable clothing / Jeans and a T-shirt
You WILL be performing hands-on training.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact:
Robert Varden – (415) 328-2134
Amy Carter – (469) 867-6299
Jonathan Varden – (415) 488-3450
Part-2 of Hands-on Classroom Training is following a minimum of 4-weeks of on-the-job training in the field.
Here students will get a more in-depth training of the installation of Residential Carpet and LVP.
Students will perform hands-on installation techniques for Carpet installation such as:
- Carpet lay-out
- Figuring your fills
- Estimating material quantities
- Seam Cutting techniques.
- Seam Sealing with both Liquids as well as the glue gun
- Students will make seams in various tufted materials.
- They will learn proper use of a wall trimmer and other tools.
- Installation of basic stairs
- Students will install various materials from start to finish inside their modules.
Students will perform various Hands-on installations of LVP
- Review of Part-1 and information covered.
- More extensive floor prep
- Use of primers / where and why
- Students will install both locking system floors as well as Glue-direct installations of LVP.
Part-3 of Hands-on Classroom Training is following a minimum of 8 weeks of on-the-job training in the field as well as completion of Part-1 and Part-2 of hands-on classroom Training.
In this final phase of training students will get even more in-depth training on the Installation of Carpet and LVP.
Students will continue refining many of the techniques taught in Part-2 with the addition of:
- Working with Patterned products
- Correctly identifying Patterned Bow, Skew and Elongation
- Seaming Patterned Carpets
- Stretching differences when working with Patterned carpets
- Cutting windows
- Differences between tufted carpet versus woven carpets
- Installing carpet on various types of stairs
- Students will now be working together to install entire house modules.
- Finishing off with various different transition types
Students will get more in-depth training on floor preparation and self-leveling.
Students will install LVP in various other methods such as Chevron and Herringbone patterns.
Students will go through final testing and if they pass will be Certified by AFT and CCA’s Installation Excellence program.
Students will be combined into different phases during class. Certificates of completion will be issued.
May 6 - May 17